Welcome to the Pocho Social Club
We’re a Mexican-American bar that is big on the social side of things. Our name comes from the Mexican Spanish word ‘Pocho’ (originally meaning ‘rotten’ or ‘over-ripe’) which is a sometimes pejorative term for a person of Mexican descent who inhabits a cultural midpoint between Mexico and America. That being said, our in-house Pocho, Jake, believes anyone who loves Mexican influenced fun, drink and atmosphere can aspire to being a Pocho. Stop by and find your inner Pocho!
- SmartShanghai.com- [My Local]: Pocho Social Club – The people. I got sucked in on my first visit. The motley crew of long-time expats and locals who run the place make you feel like a regular the second you pull up a barstool.
- City Weekend- Bar Hopping: Pocho Social Club – The heart of this place lies in the staff, though, and they give real meaning to the label “social club.”
- City Weekend- Shanghai’s Best Nightclubs – Editor’s Pick: Best New Venue
- Time Out Shanghai- Incredible Hulk – Our barmaid Silence stole the drink’s position on the menu from me for an ‘Incredible’ version…
- Time Out Shanghai- Pocho Social Club – Pocho is a solid local hangout to enjoy a laidback drink.